Cosplay Guidelines & Signup
MiracleCon welcomes anyone who wants to come in costume. We will be holding a cosplay competition with prizes for adults at 5:00 pm, and a fun competition for children at 2:00 pm. Please read the guidelines below, and then click the button to sign up!
- MiracleCon is a Family-Friendly event, please keep this in mind when choosing your costume.
- Full-bra coverage for chest area, and hip to groins need to be fully covered. Full buttocks must be covered. Bikini style bottoms are okay, but please no thongs!
- We highly recommend wearing a dancers belt and appropriate undergarments under form fitting or spandex suit costumes to avoid wardrobe malfunctions.
- Shoes must be worn at all times in the convention center space.
- MiracleCon staff reserves the right to question you about your garments to be sure they meet these rules, and if they don’t, you may be asked to change or leave the convention space.
- Please ask before taking a photo, and remember the cosplayer is allowed to say no!
- Always ask before touching a cosplayer, their costume, or their props.
- Be aware of your surroundings! Some cosplayers have large costumes or long skirts that make it difficult to maneuver the convention space. Stay mindful and let them pass.
- No real weapons will be allowed at MiracleCon.
- No live metal or real steel.
- Props can not shoot projectiles of any kind (water, silly string, nerf darts, etc).
- Your weapons will be subject to a weapons check and tagged if cleared.
- If your weapon does not clear weapons check, you will be asked to take the prop out of the convention space and put away.
- All costumes must follow MiracleCon’s general dress code.
- All constanstents must be above the age of 16 to compete in the adult division, and below the age of 16 in order to compete in the child’s division. A child under the age of 16 may compete in the adult division if so chosen.
- All contestants must have permission from their photographer/videographer to submit their work in the contest.
- One entry per person is allowed.
- Creators are welcome to use a model to showcase their cosplay, but only the creator will be rewarded.
- There will be multiple categories that contestants can select to enter, but please note that the judges may be able to move your category if your submission does not meet the criteria needed to enter. These categories are as followed:
- Best in Show — Overall best costume, performance, and crafting expertise throughout all contestants in the contest.
- Best Craftsmanship — Given to the contestant with the best crafted costume. Performance will not be judged in this category.
- Best Beginner Craftsmanship – Given to the contestant with the best crafted costume who is new to the hobby.
- Best Runway — Given to the contestant with the most impressive visual performance. Crafted and Bought costumes alike may enter this category.
- Judges Choice — Given to the contestant at our judges panel discretion, based on characteristics that each Judge found impressive and worth notable discussion. There will be three of these awards available, and both crafted and bought costumes are eligible.
- Children’s Cosplay Contest will be judged on a standard 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place. Both crafted and bought costumes are welcome and eligible to win in the Children’s Contest.
Constants are welcome to apply early by clicking here. Contest registration will also be available on site. There will be a max of 50 entries allowed for the Adult Contest.
All constants competing in the craftsmanship category must attend a mandatory pre-judging session taking place at 4pm. In order for a costume to be applicable for the craftsmanship category, the costume MUST be at least 50% handmade or heavily altered. Miraclecon Cosplay Staff heavily recommend including a progress book for crafted costumes, but this is not required to place.